The Ordre des denturologistes du Québec aims to:
- Protect the public and uphold service quality standards
- Position denturologists as a key resource on dental prostheses
- Rally members around a common interest in adequate training and ongoing improvement initiatives, with a view to facilitate skill development
As part of its mission, the Ordre aims to ensure quality prosthetic dentistry services for all Quebecers by monitoring the professional activities of its members, and facilitating skill acquisition and development. To that end, the Ordre:
- Issues practice licenses in Quebec, contingent on candidate qualifications
- Monitors its members’ continuing education hours
- Ensures member compliance with regulations and the profession’s Code of Ethics
- Performs periodic proficiency testing
The Ordre’s service offering includes the following:
- Raising public awareness of prosthetic dentistry through advertising (television, internet, publications, social media, etc.)
- Informing the public of its rights and means of recourse
- Notifying the public of instances of illegal practice, and responding accordingly
- Collecting incident reports and processing investigation requests
- Handling account reconciliation and arbitration requests
- Bringing complaints before the Disciplinary Board, as needed
- Calling upon the Appeal Committee, when applicable
The Ordre informs the general public of its service offering and professional oversight mechanisms in the interest of transparency and access.
For more information, please contact us by phone at 450 646-7922, toll-free at 1 800 567-2251, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our vision for 2015–2018
Quebecers who need dentures can depend on the Ordre des denturologistes du Québec and its exemplary leadership for optimal oral health.
The actions and decision-making process adopted by Ordre administrators, employees and members draw on the following values:
The Ordre strives to treat each individual with courtesy and care, and to build a culture of trust, discretion and guidance.
Integrity means carrying out our mission with unwavering honesty, transparency and rigour.
Vigilance is sustained and careful monitoring of the commitment and competence of members.